Saturday, September 10, 2011

LEMON OIL TO THE RESCUE!! This picture is worth a thousand words!



The pictures above are a before and after of my husband's arm.
He was patching a roof  and ended up with some tar on his arm.
It would not come off so he was off to the store to find
 some type of solvent or chemical to remove it. I asked him if
I could try removing it with lemon oil, and being a good
sport he said, "o.k. but I do not think it will work." 
I used 5-6 drops of Young Living's lemon essential oil
using a paper napkin-it wiped it off in seconds!!

 ~Some other uses for Lemon Oil~ 
  • A few drops removes most sticky residues- things like tar, stickers,  adhesives, sap and pine pitch. (" I cut down my Christmas tree and in the process my hands got covered with pine pitch. It would not come off.. Being new to oils I thought I would try lemon and 3 drops later my hands were clean!")
  • Removes permanent marker, and crayon.  Use to remove paint from hands.
  • Add 10-15 drops of lemon oil into a small spray bottle, fill with water and use to disinfect counter tops while leaving your kitchen smelling fresh and clean. This spray also can be used to clean fruit. ("I have a new dishwasher and it smells. I add 1-2 drops of lemon oil in with my soap and the smell has gone away. Lemon kills bacteria so I know my dishes are germ free.")
  • Add lemon oil to your drinking water; it tastes great and enhances immunity by providing a high level of antioxidants as well as vitamin C. 2-3 drops a day is all you need.  ("I felt like I was coming down with a cold. I drank lemon oil in my water, used a few drops of oil in my tea, and rubbed it over my throat and neck. The next day I woke up and I felt better! Lemon beat my cold.")
  • Lemon oil and all the citrus oils contain D-limonene; a compound that has been studies for its ability to prevent tumor growth in over 50 clinical studies. (My daughter adds 1-2 drops of a citrus oil to her aluminum water bottle that she takes with her to school. She loves the taste! I feel good knowing she is getting an healthy alternative vs. an artificially flavored drink that offers no health benefits.) 
  • Lemon is uplifting and refreshing and helps improve concentration.  



          Yours in Health, Ann.

(If you'd like to try it, stop me. It is another oil I carry with me.I am happy to share!) 
Essential oil testimonials are an effective way of learning and sharing. With this knowledge, we can take control of our own health. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. However, when you give the body what it needs then the body can heal itself as God intended it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment